The Moor of Rannoch Restaurant is open each evening from 6.30pm to 8pm.
Non-Residents are welcome however booking is essential due to our remote location and limited capacity.
A table is automatically reserved for all of our residents.
Our aim is to provide good quality, home-cooked dishes which, where possible are prepared using local seasonal ingredients. The menu is changed daily to suit the produce that we have available and to ensure that there is always something new for our guests to try.
Each day our menu consists of a choice of 3 starters, 4 main courses and 3 desserts and includes tea or coffee.
We also supply a complimentary Scottish cheeseboard for all of our guests to enjoy in the bar at 9pm.
The menu always has both fish and vegetarian options available and we are able to cater for all dietary requirements
(*** Due to our remote location please inform us in advance of any requirements that you have***).
Dinner is priced at £35 for a 3 course menu or £28 for a 2 course menu.
We try to work with local suppliers to ensure that the best quality ingredients are available. We are always on the lookout for new ingredients so get in touch if you are a local supplier.
Some of our suppliers are: (Click on the names to see their websites/facebook pages, if they have one!)
- MacDonald Brothers – Pitlochry based family butchers
- Glenorchy Farm – Tristan & Fiona farm small scale rare breed pigs and lambs in Glen Orchy, one station south of Rannoch.
- Great Glen Charcuterie – Anja and Jan Jacob run this Highland charcuterie, specialising in Venison Salami, in Roy bridge two stations north of Rannoch.
- Rannoch Smokery – A smokehouse based in Kinloch Rannoch that specialises in smoked Venison & Game
- Dunkeld Smoked Salmon – Arguably the best smoked salmon in the country!
- Ewan’ s Eggs – Ewan’s hens run about at Bridge of Gaur and lay enough eggs to keep us and most of Rannoch supplied.
- Glen Lyon Coffee – Thats right, artisan coffee beans roasted right here in Highland Perthshire by Jamie & Fiona.
- Rannoch Bakery – Stevie the baker supplies us with bread baked in Kinloch Rannoch.
- Mark Murphy & Partner – Fruit & Vegetable supplier with a depot in Pitlochry.
- Andy Race Fish Merchants – Mallaig is our nearest fishing port located right at the end of the West Highland Railway Line.
- Fishbox UK – Based in Inverness this company sources fresh Scottish seafood direct from the boats and delivers straight to our door. Whats more they also sell to individual customers, check them out to order your FishBox now!
All of the room rates include breakfast, which is served in our conservatory. Served from 7.30am to 9am our breakfast offering is cooked fresh to order. A sample of our breakfast menu is available here.
If you are planing to explore the Moor then we are able to provide packed lunches for you to take with you. We can also supply lunch in the hotel if required and will be happy to provide options on request.
*** Please note that the hotel is only open to Non-Residents for dinner reservations and we are unable to provide lunch / tea or coffee during the day ***